Travel Professional’s Guide to working with your clients
Unlike cruise ships, this is entirely client driven. We listen and then guide you and your client to choose the right yacht for this unique vacation. We provide guidance, contracts, and fiduciary responsibility. Provisions for food, beverages, water sports, and itineraries are provided by a knowledgeable crew.
Before the selection of a destination, we will create a suggested itinerary based on a motor or sailing vessel. The selection of yacht options varies on price. Knowing the budget, and all approximate ages of guests, is helpful, in presenting you with “unbranded” brochure links for the client.
Steps to securing your client’s yacht vacation
- Client chooses destination
- The yacht selection process offers a variety of price ranges for 7nights/8 days. Less than a week is prorated by the day rate. Usually a minimum of 5nights/6 days for high season and flexible for shoulder season. The client loves Yacht A – let’s go!
- Reserving yacht and dates – 50% of the charter fee only is due for a deposit (placed in escrow), Charter Agreements are sent to the client for signatures of the owner of the yacht, stakeholder (yacht management), and broker (me). This combination now confirms their reservation.
Note: personal check or wire transfer only (no credit cards) unless the agency accepts. Cleared funds and a fully executed Charter Agreement will reserve your client dates and yacht.
- Travel Insurance highly recommended
- A Preference Form is sent to the client. All important info is then passed onto the yacht and crew.
- Captain and Chef connect with the client to review itineraries and food requirements.
- Balance of yacht fee (50%), VAT (if applicable), and APA (if applicable) are due 60 days out from the charter date.
- Communication is key to ensuring a successful yacht vacation. We are always in touch with the Captain throughout the charter and report back to you, the travel professional.
- Captain and crew are their local guides. They will suggest and make reservations for land tours, restaurants, hiking, etc.
- All monies will be converted to the country where the charter takes place. We bill in USD and use MoneyCorp for transferring funds.
- Guide to yacht vacation pricing – link