How to sell an Exotic Yacht Charter to your clients, especially on a private yacht
Your client calls up and wants to have a rich experience with their friends or even the whole family. They’re considering Thailand, Indonesia or the Mekong River in Cambodia and Vietnam. They are adventurous, able-bodied and looking for an experience that brings them close to the countries’ culture, flora and fauna. They’re even thinking of diving with sharks on the Whitsunday Islands or Great Barrier Reef in Australia!
Where do you begin? You find that this is a daunting request, since the “normal resort or cruise ship vacation” is not what they are looking for.
This request does NOT have to be challenging.
Destinations such as Australia, Polynesia, Asia Pacific and less mainstream countries such as Montenegro (recently profiled in the NYSundayTimes) are becoming more popular
Fortunately, due to the increase in interest, we are able to offer more private yachts for discerning clients than in past years.
According to Research and Markets in April 2018, the Asia-Pacific is predicted to grow 6% by 2026. This is the next big destination on the travel horizon.
Here are 5 top tips for your successful client fulfillment:
- Know the best times to charter in particular regions of the world. Phuket, Thailand begins its season between December to March. (Read more about Thailand here.)
- Guide clients to plan ahead for securing the right yacht for their “sleeping aboard” berth arrangements. Although yachts are now coming to these ‘off the beaten path’ exotic locations, it is still limiting. We strongly advise 6 months to a year planning for the best selection of yachts.
- Know the physical shape your clients are in. Diving in far off places, travellers may will not have modern medical facilities close at hand. Clients with compromising health issues must be aware of the remoteness factor. Considered one of the best places for scuba diving in the world, the diversity of Raja Ampat’s marine life is much greater than other areas in the coral triangle of Indonesia, Philippines and Papua New Guinea. However, these remote areas do not have hospitals that might be life saving for your client.
- Knowing the culture of the destination is most useful. The Culture Trip blog (theculturetrip.com) offers valuable information for you and your client!
- Always offer Travel Insurance with good medical coverage.
IN THE WIND (Travel Agent friendly brochure for your clients) is a 62′ Sailing and Diving private yacht catamaran, chartering in Thailand. Check out this sample itinerary starting in Phuket, Thailand.
Our lovely bartender on the luxury yacht AQUA MEKONG from Phnom Penh to Ho Chi Min City
Raja Ampat in Southeast Asia is considered one of the best diving spots on Earth but its remoteness means advanced medical facilities are not nearby.
62ft sailing catamaran IN THE WIND offers customizable yacht itineraries through Thailand and other parts of Asia.