The News We’ve All Been Waiting For: BVI Borders are Open!
British Virgin Island borders are open after closing due to Covid-19. Inbound air services began on December 1, 2020. We monitor the BVI government Facebook page for the latest Covid information for travelers.
Conditions Apply to Enter the BVI
These conditions apply to each inbound person over 5 years old:
1) Visitors to need to be issued a Travel Certificate via the app bvigateway.bviaa.com
2) Valid negative PCR Covid-19 test within 5 days, submitted and approved, prior to BVI arrival from low-risk countries and within 3 days for medium and high-risk countries.
3) Covid Insurance
4) Testing at Port of Entry for each person arriving.
5) A subsequent test 4 days later.
6) Each person to have a wristband and a tracking app on their phone.
7) Combined cost for items 4), 5) and 6) $175 per person. Negative results from the day 4 test allows unlimited exploration of the BVI.
Charter Yacht Bubbles
A charter vessel can be your isolated safe place. Charter yachts can move between designated safe haven anchorages, (TBD by the BVI Government) until the 4 day test negative results open up the itinerary.
This information was via Facebook last on November 23, 2020.